Thursday, June 25, 2009

Seaward Sealife Center: Puffins are REAL

I have been taking a closer look at photos of puffins in the last few months. They are so cute and so odd. I thought they looked fake and was starting to wonder if they were real. I do not know if I have ever meet anyone who had actually seen one in real life. But a trip to the Seaward Sea life center has convinced me otherwise.
Another bird, the rhinoceros Auklet. How cute.
This horned puffin was a HAM. He was all about bathing and preening.
Hey stop that splashing you are getting water on my camera!

Common Murres below.

King Eider. What great colors.
Harlequin duck. Saw some of these on my camping trip in Anaktuvuk Pass a few weeks ago.
Person for scale..


Puffins "flly" underwater to catch fish.
They look like they belong in space.


Harbor seals each have unique spots that acts like a finger print used to identify them.
Skittle the Sea otter underwater.
Octopus tentacles.
This sea lion is HUGE. Would hate to run into this guy underwater.

1 comment:

adidasnme said...

im new here and want to start blogging. All i can say is wow, i came across your blog randomly, i love all your pics!!! especially the ones with the eagles :) i hope you dont mind im now a follower :P