Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Crazy bird lady in Hawaii


I made it to Hawaii without my bags. So the first thing I had to do was to buy some clean clothes. Once I got freshed up we walked the streets of Wikiki to take in the scenes. It did not take long to run into the guy with the birds...

I opened the draw of the night stand to find books of many faiths. I guess Hawaii is a very accepting place, a melting pot. Either that or they get tourists from all over... hmm no Torah or Koran?


This morning there was the sun, and the rain and a rainbow, this was taken outside the balcony of my hotel room.


Look me and more birds...

Look another Rainbow... We saw this on the way up diamond head, the a hike to the high point on the rim of a volcanic crater.


Me at the top... there were many stairs...


And a few tunnels!


Did some Geocaching... tooking for hidden trinkets with the GPS unit. Found and geocache in the park and while we were looking these birds came up to check us out.


The Golden Plover is a migrant from Alaska like me. They nest in the area above the arctic circle where I live, then spend their winters in Hawaii, they are no dummies.
Below is the red-crested cardinal. We also saw your run of the mill Northern Cardinal. Other birds included the Java Sparrow, the house sparrow, the house finch, the red-vented Bulbul and a white-eye, maybe Japanese.

Diamond head from the park below.... yes, I hiked up it.

And last but not least, the sun set!

I am happy to be in Hawaii.

2 comments:

NPinMilwaukee said...

I dunno... i can see you pretty happy in HI too...crazy bird lady!

Miss Ashley said...

wow, looks like you had a great time.... I would freak out with those birds. you know me. See you soon.

Ash