Monday, August 25, 2008

Running out of time to drive

So my NM drivers licence runs out in one week. I was unable to get a licence in Fairbanks when I first got here because I did not have proof of residency. When I got proof of residency in Barrow I could not take the written test because they were low on toner and would not print me a test. I did just get my Alaska ID in the mail today... photo and all, so at least I have valid ID but Now I am in AKP where I was able to take a written test, but can only get a rural licence for driving in bush Alaska. What a heck of a lot of good that will do me! So unless I can get to a DVM office in Fairbanks before September 2nd, I will have to take a driving test in Fairbanks, and I don't even own a car!!!! So my plan is to get a rental car this weekend and drive around until my licence expires!!! DENALI here I come!!

No comments: