Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sewing and More Snow






This week I spent all of my free time sking and sewing. I was planning on getting caught up and organized at school, but that did not happen. Oh well. We got about 10 inches of snow last night and might get another 8 more tonight. We are on a winter weather advisory. The volley ball team played Wainwright this weekend. We won, but I am not sure if they are going to make it home with all this snow! I was suppoed to go with them, but one of the other teachers volunteered to go in my place. I am happy I stayed here. I worked on finishing my Atikqlook, an eskimo snow skirt top. It is suppoed to be a cover for a parka. But I just made it to wear as a shirt. I put a small rabbit fur ruff around it. Makes me feel very fancy. White fur ruffs are only for women who have not had children, so I guess I can wear one!
I have been sking almost every day this week. Last sunday it was cold, windy and snowy. I My cheeks started to feel a little windburned. I am worried about getting frost bite. It is hard to cover your whole face. I have been taking the pricipals daughter sking after schoo. Bessie is 10 years old and she is pretty good on skis. Some of the other girls want me to take them as well. Maybe we can start an after school ski club. There is a lot of money for after school activites that was unused. I would like to ski with the kids until it gets too cold and dark, and then maybe do some crafts with them. There is so much to do, I have not been bored yet.

3 comments:

kscott said...

You look cute in your Atikqlook snow skirt top thingy.

Miss Ashley said...

Well all of the hours you put into your shirt were well worth it. It is so beautiful. Thanks for the great and exhausting walk today. I was so tired I had to take a nap.... HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR A FUN WEEK!!!

NPinMilwaukee said...

so cool! I'm glad i checked it out. You can make me one if you want =D

Also - you look really good! I think the arctic suits you.

I definitely want to come visit.... someday.