Saturday, October 25, 2008

Skiing

Did you know that Cross-country skiing can burn between 600-1200 calories and hour! At this rate I might be skinny by Christmas. Maybe if I do not replace too many of those calories with Chocolate!
Suited up and ready to go!
Sunset around 6 pm.


Zoey is always ready!

Frosty face. I have to take my glasses off when I ski the get too frosty. My goggles started to frsot over too!


Zoey and I skied out to a lake about 2 miles south of the village on Thursday. The snowmobile trails make good ski trails. They were a little uneven at first, but they have filled in nicely with the powder that blows around all the time.

On the way to the lake Zoey found the leg of a Caribou. Hoof and all. She proudly carried it most of the way home, until we meet Molly, another dog belonging to the Principal's family.

1 comment:

NPinMilwaukee said...

Ooo - I bet Zoey was in heaven with her caribou leg. Hoover found a deer leg behind our house once, and he carried it all over the place. He loved that leg!

OMG - it is cold there. Brrrr.... but sounds like you are having fun!