Saturday, January 10, 2009

Am I a Hypochondriac?

Okay, you should never send a hypochondriac to the Internet to find out "what is wrong" with them. Lastnight I tought I may have had or am having a mini-stroke. Long plane rides can cause blood clots, clots can cause a partial blockage to the brain resulting in tingling and numbness in the face AND the legs. Oh and some new medication I was using is known to cause blood clots.

So this morning I spoke to the health aide at the clinic AND an on-call doctor at the Tanana health Clinic in Fairbanks. They both told me that what I have is not life threatening at the moment. So I am going to wait until next week to go back into Fairbanks and try to figure out what is going on.

Maybe the numbness and tingling in my leg is just a pinched nerve, and maybe the numbness in my face is the result of me stressing out about coming back to school and not having a plan for the new semester and being freaked out about my leg. Most Doctors would think I am a nut case anyhow. I mean I swear that I have been exposed to and perhaps am carrying Haunta Virus, the Plague and Hand and foot and Mouth disease. And now I think I may be having blood clots and stroke symptoms. I think I just need a chill pill.

.... what's that you say, today is Saturday.... I'm going out to play.

2 comments:

NPinMilwaukee said...

Haha! The internet is an evil vice when it comes to self diagnostics. I've learned to stay away, it causes me way more anxiety than necessary.

Just the same, sorry you are feeling stressed about the numbness. I'm sure it is just a nerve thing. Good luck at the docs and enjoy your weekend!

CRAP - i just realized i forgot to call you back tonight. I will call tomorrow evening. Or call me!! XOXOX ~jenn

NPinMilwaukee said...

Was Zoe happy to see you? Lucky Zoe!