Saturday, January 10, 2009

There is sun on them there hills


Soakpak to the Northest and Nunamuit (below) to the West are kissed by the sun's rays at midday. Although I cannot see the sun I know that it does exisit!


Zoey and I skied about 2 miles today. We found some well used snowmobile trails and followed them to Contact Creek. Trappers use these narrow valleys and we have been advised to avoid them. We would not want zoey to get her paw in a leg hold trap intened for a wolf or wolverine.



Last week in Fairbanks it was cold! Okay I think this sign may be inaccurate. I think it is about 10 degrees off.

A few days earlier the ice fog was so thick I could hardly seen the sign across the parking lot.


3 comments:

Miss Ashley said...

Awesome pictures. I think I seen the suns reflection on the mountains out my window yesterday too... thats great.

Have fun Skiing....
Ash

Abby said...

I think the national media was showing the same Fred Meyers sign with the temp in Fairbanks. Brrrr!

Unknown said...

that sign is often ten or so degrees off...during that cold spell I saw it read -62. which it certainly was not