Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting Ready for the Tundra

On Friday I went up to Burlington, (The coolest city in the world! In my opinion) for some shopping. You know July is the perfect time to go shopping for winter clothes. I got some nice flannel lined carharts, some down booties on sale at Lenny's. Then on to my favorite store: The Outdoor Gear Exhange. http://gearx.com/ They carry a lot of closeout and second hand stuff. I took up my old Limmer Boots, which wrecked my feet, an old LL Bean sleeping bag and a nice external frame pack that I scored at a garage sale. Anyhow I found some awsome stuff for Alaska. First I found this nice down jacket for $75... it was origionaly $250... what a deal! Then I found these amazing boots... if these things do not keep my feet warm when it is -60F Nothing will. These things are rated to -149F or -200C. Well I am not sure about that, but I hope they do the trick. Do I look Ready?

Zoey is getting ready too. Today she tried her doggie Booties on. She has a little bit of a hard time walking in them though.




Zoey is getting more comforatable with her kennel. The other day I went to hook her lead and she ran into the kennel... She hates being tied up. Doesn't she look thrilled?

2 comments:

kscott said...

You look adorable. Can you talk all wrapped up like that?

NPinMilwaukee said...

I love those boots. Oh and Zoey's hat is quite cute. You two are gonna be all set.