Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mold


Vermont is green and beautiful because of all the rain we get. But sometimes there is too much. I had some boxes I was storing in a friends basement. Two of the boxes got a little wet. I am not sure if it was just the humidity, or when their basement got flooded. Anyhow all of my high school yearbooks are gone, along with many books that I had collected and a nice blue wool sweater which fell to pieces when I tried to watch it to get the mold out. My Journal that I kept when I was in India was also a little damp and moldy, but not as bad as everything else. I preserve what was left of that experience I took a photo of every page in the journal. Some of the pages had bleed through so I won't be able to read them, but now at least I have a digital copy and have one last thing to store and lug around next time I move.
Above is a page from my journal showing some sketches of birds after a trip to a bird sanctuary.

No comments: