Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Hampshire








On Monday I visited my friend in New Hampshire who is working for the Nature Concervancy. We stayed at the Forest service station in Bartlett NH where I used to work studying birds. It was really nice to see and old friend and visit my old stomping grounds.



I used to always see moose on the side of the road in Crawford Notch. This trip was no exception.



We hiked to Zealand Falls from Crawford Notch. It was about 5 miles round trip. It was a nice flat hike. It felt good to get out. I have not been hiking because I have been so busy packing and it has been so rainy.












I think Zoey had fun.












My friend Tim is a nature photographer. He has taken some great shots. You can check out his work at http://www.inthemomentnaturephotography.com/.





We also visited my favorite swimming hole in Bartlett where we used to go swiming after a day of bird surveying. That summer was great. get up a 5 am, work until 2 pm, go swimming, make dinner, go for a short hike, repeat.
We have to cross the railroad tressel to get to the swiming hole. As we crossed over, wondered out loud how often the train comes through. While we were swiming the conway senic railway train pass overhead.

Then I continued on to Southern New Hampshire to visit my best friend from college. She has a two year old and a two month old. After spending less than 24 hours with them I question my desire to have children. Don't get me wrong, they are great kids, but I do not know If I want my life to change that much!! I mean she couldn't even find time to make muffins, it was so hard to juggle both of them. I don't know how moms all over the world do everything that they do!











1 comment:

NPinMilwaukee said...

They are wicked cute - but amen to that sista! I like my freedom!