Thursday, July 3, 2008

Soggy Day



By the time I was ready to leave the house today it was raining. The pot of decaf coffee from my grandmother's coffee stash was not cutting it so I headed over to Eli's where there is always a fresh pot of full test. I headed up to Burlington to visit with my artist friend Terry before picking up my cousins from the airport. Terry has her own stained glass studio. Check out her work http://www.burlingtonglass.net/. After my visit with Terry I headed over to Petco to check out a travel kennel for zoey to fly to Alaska in. Although the petfood warehouse had a better price. It was $139 for a 40"X27'X30" kennel. I have not been able to get her to lie down in it though.

From there I went striaght to the airport to pick up my cousins where they were waiting outside. It rained most of the afternoon.


It must have stopped raining sometime in the evening, so after dinner my aunt and I walked out around the barns. Zoey found something fresh to roll in so I decided to give her a bath in the stream. I straddled the stream. It was a bit of a stretch but I was able to make it across without getting my feet wet. I tried to get zoey in the stream in front of me I grabbed at her collar as she jumped across the stream in front of me. Her boney head bonked mine. I lost my balance and fell face first in the stream. Zoey must have thought this was funny, she bounded back and forth on the banks of the stream as if she was laughing at me! Finally I grabbed hold of her collar and pulled her in with me. I was already wet so I just stood in the stream and spashed water on her to clean her. This made for a soggy evening.


1 comment:

NPinMilwaukee said...

Ha ha! I would have thought it was funny had i been there too! ;)