Saturday, September 27, 2008

blogg worthy?



well things have been busy around here the past few weeks. I have been trying to get out and walk as much as possible before it gets too cold. I am already wearing more clothes than I did in the heart of winter in New Mexico! Can't wait to see what January brings!


So in my health class we have been talking about physical fittness and I have been making the kids take physical fitness tests. They are not in as good of shape as I expected. Maybe this will inspire me to try to improve my own physical fittness and stop using the I am a busy teacher excuse for letting myself get out of shape.


I have been taking lots of walks, I walked out to the dump at the end of a road that goes about 2 miles north of town. Round trip is about 5 miles. If I ran that would be a good run. I have heard there are sometimes wolves out there so I have ot be careful.


I has been snowing off and on for the last 2 weeks. I think the snow may be here to

stay is is about 4 or 5 inches of fluffy snow out on the tundra. I might be able to ski soon if it keeps up.

I have found several fossils along the river, I think this one is crioniod, also known as sea lilly. I have also found some fossilzed coral. Who knew you could find coarl in the arctic?

No comments: