Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pizza Night




We have been planning this for a long time and finally this week I was able to pull it off. I had planned for the students in my Home Economic class to host a Pizza night for their Families. This was supposed to be part of their Mid-term Exam. However between student absences for Conferences, and volley ball, and me traveling I had put it off.
The students learned to make pizza dough using the sponge method as described in the Tassaharah Bread Book. (Not sure if I spelled that right.) Then I taught them how to stretch the dough, and even how to throw the dough. They had fun with that. They were smart enough to put clean paper on the floor in case the dropped the dough.




We reserved the gym, which doubles as our caffiteria, and got permission to use the kitchen. Wow, those convection ovens cook fast!
Students invited thier families, parents, grandparents, cousins, siblings. We had a good turn out. I think most studnets had about 3 family members there. It was nice to see the students serving and intereacting with their families. There were lots of smile and nice comments.

The kids did a pretty good job pitching in to help set up tables, and clean up after. Also I want to thank Ashley who helped me the whole night. Karin the principals wife also came to help me in the kitchen. She was a big help because she has worked in there before.

1 comment:

NPinMilwaukee said...

mmmmmm... looks like some tasty pizza!