Sunday, November 2, 2008

Snow blow away








At the begining of the week I was bosting of the perfect skiing conditions. We had a few windy days this week. I should not say that the snow blew away, so much as it has blown around, spliting and regrouping to form stiff ridges and soft valleys. This makes the skiing a little more difficult. The rocks that were covered by two feet of snow a week ago are exposed. The roads are hard packed and icy, but still have gravel expossed.

The end of Day light savings may put an end to my afterschool skiing anyways. The sun will set at 4:12 today, while there may be an hour of visable light after that, I don't know if that will really give me the time to get out. I guess this means no farting around afterschool. If I want to go skiing I have to just go! Too bad I have a student that missed school for a month and now wants me to stay after school to help her get caught up. Sigh. I guess I better go now while the sun is shinning. I think I will have just a little more than a month of sun now.

Send me you warm thoughts, and home baked goodies to keep me warm as I ski out on the tundra.

2 comments:

Joleen R. Welborn said...

Kerri! We miss you, too! I hope you're coping well, so far away. I'll do what I can to send warm thoughts your way. Here in Wisconsin, it's still 73 degrees, but I will be facing your gripping cold quite soon. Take care!!!

-Joleen

NPinMilwaukee said...

I will send you a care package! What are you craving most right now? (that i can put in a box and ship to you) :)